Facebook Twitter
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in
renegade pharmacy? wtf? eh? and....hello...you punks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakcore.NL Music Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captain wardrobe

PostPosted: 2008-10-14 23:06    Post subject: renegade pharmacy? wtf? eh? and....hello...you punks! Reply with quote

ok

im new here so a new post just to intoduce myself

hi my name is paul t cobbin, i am an artist and musician. I call myself captain wardrobe for reasons unknown even to me!

After getting a degree in fine art at falmouth school of art [cornwall, UK] in 1991, and yes, i will mention that at the time i knew...richard.d james...[only to talk to at raves, and djing @ the bowgie]....and Luke Vibert [i was in 2 bands with him in the early 90's woooo!] so wow hey...but any way who gives a flying fuck! time is too short...

after the cornwall experience...
i left for london, and lived there for 8 years, being an unemployed x-generation artist making non-sensi cut-up writings/poems/spoken word recordings/synth experiments/ scratch-slide art and home-made mini-books, making post-punk noise on a 4 track...all whilst terrorizing the inhabitants of London, [Hackney/Dalston/Ladbroke Grove/Highbury]...

now i currently live thrive and survive in whitley bay [NE UK}...and now terrorize newcastle!!! yes...the cold northern seaside! mmm candy floss and delaval ice cream...rock, and fun pubs...LOL

i still make art, write various styles of noisy music on my pink laptop...play a mean slide guitar...and have finished making a film entitled; 'Captain Wardrobe Must die' with collaborator Roger Armstrong this will be shown @ the star and shadow [newcastle UK] on 28th Jan 2009

my own early work [which spans 20 years...fuckin' ouch!] has been a major influence on my Trauma A/V project, involving original music/projections...taking lo-fi slide art...scratch paintings and using digital media to enhance and create new ideas and artworks... I am currently painting a series of 12 canvasses, with a theme of digi/meme/virus...whilst listening to spacemen 3/william burroughs /charles bukowski...and of course this burgeoning breakcore/gabba/punk/neo punk/neo cyber funk-a-listic/experimental movement.... and am in the early stages of making a new music project called 'assembly point' new music online now!

so you can, if the fancy takes you, either listen to streaming of my projects;

www.myspace.com/renegadepharmacy

or download them; now all for free; ooo yes! [or ooo no!]

the songs/albums are not all breakcore, but i would love your reactions!
the newer projects are a reaction to a lot of what breakcore represents to me

in a word: PhrUnK

i made a bunch of stations; all now available to download for free....to those who sign up [its free]

so

hello music people

my personal myspace....[like we're all not addicted...ha]

www.myspace.com/captwardrobe

yes indeedy....thasss me!

love to ye!

oh and just wreck the fuckin joint when it comes to sampling my by back cata logue...check out:

dittobaster
slapfist
renegade pharmacy
and also the old shit for samples

full spectrum analysis
ambient lo-fi [already on ruznet, i reckon!]

if you use anything let me know
masturbation may well be about you!!!

ha yes! er, hmm maybe not

much love
WSicko
Site Admin

PostPosted: 2008-11-18 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Welcome! That's a pretty long introduction post! Very Happy i've checked out your tracks and the "Renegade Pharmacy Theme" track sounds pretty nice Smile You've got some art online somewhere?

Btw, your personal myspace is filled with to damn much youtube movies Very Happy
partikalkatastr

PostPosted: 2008-11-21 13:05    Post subject: lotta words but youTubes...damn! Reply with quote

my fcckin god... thas a lotta words mate Smile but even more youTube movs indeed... damn. Nice one though.

Peace.
captain wardrobe

PostPosted: 2008-12-02 21:57    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

yeah, i know...

i tend to ramble on, just a tiny bit!!!!

Smile

thanks for the support...

the myspace page is a political video wall art myspace project!!! Very Happy

art as well as other odd shit can be found on my
old homepage

http://wardrobe.means.it

peace to ya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakcore.NL Music Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: